About The Cocktail
The Clover Club emerged as a contender from the Private Mens Club of the same name who’d meet at the Bellevue-Stratford hotel in Philadelphia during pre-prohibition times. The cocktail soon faded in obscurity with the demise of the hotel which was plagued by a series of mysterious deaths, later attributed to an outbreak of legionnaires disease at the hotel. However has recently been resurrected with the help of Julie Reiner’s cocktail bar in Brooklyn, which shares the same salutation.
- 2 oz Desgin Gin
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz Raspberry Syrup
- 1 Egg White
- 3 Amaro Cherry
- Combine all ingredients in tin and hard shake.
- Empty ice and dry shake. 1
- Double strain ingredients into sour glass.
- Garnish with 3 amaro cherries. 2
- (The order in which you dry shake and wet shake will change the resulting consistency of the drink)
- An even amount of garnish is bad luck. Careful!