About The Cocktail
The Aviation was created by Hugo Ensslin, head bartender at the Hotel Wallick in New York, in the early twentieth century. The first published recipe for the drink appeared in Ensslin's 1916 Recipes for Mixed Drinks.
- 2 oz Desgin Gin
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Maraschino Liquor
- 4 drop Crème De Violette 1
- 1 Cherry
- Spray coupe glass with Crème De Violette
- Add remaining ingredients to shaker and shake
- Pour ingredients to coupe
- Express lemon zest over then discard 2
- Garnish with cherry
- Rinsed = When liquid is poured into glass just enough to coat entire inside then poured out.
- Expressed = Pinch the garnish with the outside of the skin facing the drink to release the fruits oils.